As you get more comfortable with this drill speed up the process to build your comfort and skill.
Steps to this basketball drill
- Stand with your feet approximately shoulder width apart, one foot ahead of the other, knees bent.
- During the drill ensure that you focus on keeping your head up and not looking down at the ball.
- Keep your fingertips on the ball at all times and focus on a strong dribble.
- Dribble the ball with your right hand, sending it between your legs and to the left side of your body.
- Move the ball to the your front, and with your left hand, make a hard dribble through your legs and to the right side of your body.
- Continue this motion until you develop a good rhythm. Speed the dribble up as you get better.
Do this basketball drill for one minute, rest for 30 seconds, then repeat five times.
You can see an example of the scissor dribble drill in the following video.